- Synchronising Binoculars & Telescopes for Shared Viewing
- Snooker Rest – Spider Bridge Hand Extensions for Awkward Cueing Situations
- Portable Hydroelectricity Generator for Remote Areas – Made from Recycled Parts
- 100 Zone Wireless Site and Perimeter Security System – Ideal for Elephants and Rhinos!
- Remote Site Alarm and Environmental Monitoring System – Protect Your Fish!
Category Archives: Electricity Generation
Self-Contained Very Low Power Mini Hydroelectric Generator
In every country there is a need for electricity in remote areas not otherwise supplied by mains power, or where generators and fuels are unavailable or too expensive.
Sometimes this need can be met with solar power, wind power or another form of renewable energy. However, in many areas of the world; fuel, generators, solar panels and other standard technologies are too expensive for local people to afford, or are simply unavailable.
I’ve always been very interested in electricity generation, since my experiments with wind, wave, clockwork (wind-up), chemical and water power when I was a child. I always imagined how useful it would be to have a renewable but relatively portable power source which could be constructed and used locally in remote areas of the world, where people live in, or are bordering on poverty. Where resources such as fuel are hard to come by.